Topic: Group Diabetes Case Study
Use the case study below to answer the questions on the attached document.
A 21-year-old female (A.M) presents to the urgent care clinic with symptoms of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and a fever for 3 days. She states that she has Type I diabetes and has not been managing her blood sugars since she’s been ill and unable to keep any food down. She’s only tolerated sips of water and juices. Since she’s also been unable to eat, she hasn’t taken any insulin as directed. While helping A.M. from the lobby to the examining room you note that she’s unsteady, note that her skin in warm and flushed and that she’s drowsy. You also note that she’s breathing rapidly and smell a slight sweet/fruity odor. A.M. has a challenge answering questions but keeps asking for water to drink.
You get more information from A.M. and learn
- She had some readings on her glucometer which were reading ‘high’
- She vomits almost every time she takes in fluid
- She hasn’t voided for a day but voided a great deal the day before
- She’s been sleeping long hours and finally woke up this morning and decided to seek care
Current labs and vital signs:
- Summarize the questions above and formulate what may be happening with A.M. and how you would improve her condition.
- Use three evidence-based articles from peer-reviewed journals or scholarly sources to support your findings. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a References, page using APA format
No consideration for plagiarism