You are the project manager for a large university that has commenced a large-scale migration to a cloud-based SAAS system for Operations, Student Services, HR, Finance, Payroll, Gift Funding, Vendor and Customer modules. The project will run for 2 years at the end of which the university will have expected to migrate to the new system to run operationally. The Board of Governor’s has sanctioned 35 million dollars for this project given its large scope. You are required to
- Identify and map the stakeholders
- Discuss the role of each stakeholder and how they might be impacted.
- What can you do to mitigate the risks for failure?
- What challenges do you see?
- What are the political considerations affecting your leadership style here?
Required reading: Understanding Projects and processes – Project Management Processes and Phases – ProjectManager.com