The purpose of this final research paper is to demonstrate your mastery of interpersonal communication theory, research and application. The paper should contain the following:
- For this paper, students will apply the tenets of an autoethnography. Please read the attached article to assist you in applying this method. The foundation of the autoethnography is allow the researcher’s experiences to guide the understanding of the topic.
- Select one relationship that you wish to closely observe or are a part of and identify an interpersonal dynamic within that relationship you want to better understand.
- Select one interpersonal theory covered over the duration of this course you believe will inform how to better understand that relationship.
- Journal about what you observe, experience, or experienced in this relationship for (5) days.
- In a 6-8 page paper (not including reference page) introduce the relationship, your role in it, the interpersonal dynamic that you will focus on in the paper, and the theory you used to better understand it.
- The paper should consist of 7-10 sources, an introduction, argument for examining the topic, a brief overview of the method, a brief overview of the theory, and at least 3-4 themes you can discuss using your journal and notes as data.
- The paper should be in 12 pt font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, APA style, double-spaced.
- Due Date: Monday, May 2nd, 11:59 pm
THEORY TO USE : EXPECTANCY THEORY