Staying current on technology is an essential aspect of being an educator. Today’s students are digital natives, and they often respond better to media than to traditional methods of teaching. Having a strong technology repertoire is important.
Create a matrix detailing a variety of multimedia, technology, games, apps, and other technological tools for teaching reading and writing to struggling readers and writers. Include five tools/media/apps and address the following, in 100-200 words per tool:
- App/technology tool description, app/technology location (online, offline through software, through a game console, etc.), and the cost.
- Age level or academic level for which the technology is appropriate.
- Advantages of using the technology.
- Drawbacks to using the technology.
- Rationalize why struggling students may benefit from the app/technology tool.
Additionally, write a 250-500 word overview of the contents of the matrix, describing how you will implement technology in your ELA classroom. Justify which of these technologies you think will be most beneficial and describe how you might convince an administrator to help you acquire the technology.
Support the matrix and summary with 3-5 resources.