https://mynursingpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/logo1-300x75.png 0 0 Paul maina https://mynursingpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/logo1-300x75.png Paul maina2021-05-10 11:46:402021-05-10 11:46:40Role of Advocacy and Social Change
- For this Assignment, you will discuss the role of advocacy and social change when working with culturally diverse clients. Begin by choosing a culturally diverse ethnic group (African Americans, Latina/o, Native Americans, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, etc.) that you will focus on for this paper. As an option, you may choose to narrow down this ethnic group further by selecting an additional characteristic of intersectionality (age, ability, gender, language preference, religion, or sexual orientation).
Please answer the following:
- Identify the culturally diverse ethnic group you have selected.
- Briefly discuss the historical background and changing demographics of this group, including factors of socio-economic inequalities and poverty.
- Choose one social problem related to the group. Explain why you chose this problem and how it has impacted the group.
- As a Human Services Professional, describe in detail the cultural competency skills that can be applied towards advocacy and social change for cross-cultural service delivery. What steps can you take towards the social problem you have chosen for this group?
- What are some ethical challenges you might face as a Human Services Professional when advocating for social change for this group? Discuss how the NOHS Ethical Standards can guide you when addressing the ethical challenge(s).
- Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be a 3–4-page essay (not including the title and reference pages) and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human services.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of three scholarly or academic sources, with one of them being the NOHS Ethical Standards.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
- TEXTBOOK INFORMATION Title: Cultural Diversity: A Primer for the Human Services Edition: 6th (2018) Author: Jerry V. Diller Publisher: Cengage Learning Book ISBN: 978-1-337-56338-3
- Reply All